The Art of Physician Coaching: Passion for Performance Improvement
In Module 1, you will learn the fundamentals of physician coaching. We will explain what coaching is, how it differs from other support professions, and offer tips for creating coaching relationships with clients. Additionally, we will cover standards or practice and ethics of coaching.
- Describe the importance of coaching ethics, standards of practice, such as maintaining confidentiality with client information per stakeholder agreements and pertinent laws.
- Explain what coaching is, is not, and describe the coaching process.
- Distinguish between coaching, consulting, counseling, and other support professions, and refers to other professionals when appropriate.
- Partner with clients to create a coaching relationship and process, which leverages one’s inner passions and purpose to create outer goals and strategies to bring extraordinary and sustainable results.
1:00 – 1:15 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm – 4:15 pm Eastern: Introduction and Coaching Goals – All Participants
1:15 – 3:00 pm Pacific / 4:15 – 6:00 pm Eastern: Lectures and Discussion
- What is Coaching – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
- Why High Performers Use Coaching – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
- How To Be Coached – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
- Passion for Performance Improvement – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
3:00 – 3:30 pm Pacific / 6:00 – 6:30 pm Eastern: Break – All Participants
3:30 – 5:00 pm Pacific / 6:30 – 8:00 pm Eastern: Coaching Practice – All Participants
5:00 – 5:30 pm Pacific / 8:00 – 8:30 pm Eastern: Discussion and Feedback – All Participants
6:30 pm Pacific / 8:30 pm Eastern: Adjourn