Coaching Mindset and Deliberate Practice
In module 2, you will learn the importance of a coaching mindset. We will discuss how to develop and maintain a flexible coaching mindset, as well as the importance of understanding the influence of context and culture on learning. Additionally, we will talk about how to utilize outside resources to enhance your coaching skills over time.
- Acknowledge that clients are responsible for their own choices and actions.
- Describe a coaching mindset that is:
- Open, curious, flexible, and client-centered.
- Models ongoing personal and professional development.
- Reflective to enhance one’s coaching.
- Self-aware and intuitive to benefit clients.
- Emotionally aware and regulated.
- Develop and maintain a coaching mindset.
- Identify the influence of context and culture on learning.
- Explore outside resources to enhance coaching.
- Independent Study:
- Reading # 1
- Video Review #1
- Video Review #2
- On-Demand Video Presentations:
- Developing a Coaching Mindset – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
- Be Open, Curious, Adaptable and Client-Centered – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
- Deliberate PRACTICE – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC
- Practice Coaching with Feedback