Establishing Coaching Goals, Rhythm, and Presence
April 29, 2021
1:00 – 5:30 pm Pacific, 4:00 – 8:30 pm Eastern
In Module 4, we focus on establishing coaching goals, and working with your client to develop a rhythm. Coaches will learn how to partner with clients to create coaching plans with measurable goals. We will also explore how to manage emotions and remain present with your client during any given coaching session. It’s important to always remain focused, compassionate, and responsive, while leaving necessary space for silence and reflection – even when it’s uncomfortable.
- Partners with the client and relevant stakeholders to establish and maintain a coaching plan with measurable goals.
- Works with the client to identify and reconfirm what needs to be addressed in the session and define measurable goals for tracking success in the long-run.
- Continues coaching according to the plan developed with the client unless the client indicates otherwise.
- Remains focused, compassionate, and responsive to the client during the coaching process.
- Manages one’s emotions and stays present with the client during the coaching process.
- Maintains confidence and comfort with the client in a space of not knowing.
- Allows space for silence and reflection, whether comfortable or uncomfortable.
- Independent Study:
- Video #1
- Article #1
- Article #2
- On-Demand Video Presentations:
- Partnering to Set Achievable Goals – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC, ACC
- Finding Rhythm of a Coaching Partnership – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC, ACC
- Having Presence in an Uncomfortable Space – Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC, ACC
- Group Coaching Practice