Reciprocity of Roles and Relationships
Webinar Recording - You may watch this webinar recording and complete the post-webinar survey to receive up to 2 CME credits. *Recording and CME's available until December 9, 2019.
CME Credit - Please complete the below Post Webinar Survey to receive CME credit.
Earn 1 additional CME in Credit (Select the hour of additional work)
- List and assess all of your current roles and relationships regarding Energy and Reciprocity
- Create 1-2 boundary rituals and your plan for implementation
- Independent reading with brief report on Reciprocity of Roles and Relationships
- Create your own 8 PRACTICEs plan or SMART plan to achieve YOUR focus and connection in one of your roles or relationships
- Offer another assignment for instructor approval
About This Class
- How many roles do you play in your career?
- What is your role in your group or practice?
- What teaching roles do you have?
- On what committees or boards do you serve?
- How many relationships need your time? Parent? Children? Grand____? Spouse? Sibling? Friends? Colleagues?
- How can you GIVE to all of these roles and relationships if surgical training requires long hours and so many years of your life?
- How can you possibly RECEIVE from these commitments and relationships when there is little focus on what you do receive?
This one-hour class in the 2016 Educational Webinar Series takes into account the time demands on Surgeons. The Masters Class #5 will be on September 8th, 2016 at 6:30pm PST. [Please note the time change to 6:30pm!] All participants (including those of you viewing the recorded class) will be able to view and hear the content of the program, but those of you on the program live will be part of the program, talking and interacting with your classmates and the instructor.
Let us expand upon what we learned in Masters Class #4 regarding Time / Life Management Using Rhythm. Let us aim for quality over quantity. Quality requires a positive attitude, focus, connection, and effort. This class will allow you to create a rhythm to improve each of your relationships and roles as a surgeon. We will build on the strategies of Energy Leadership™, 8 PRACTICEs, AIM SMART or I AM SMART Goal Setting, and personal accountability.
During and at the conclusion of each class, participants should plan to have their own action plans for moving forward. Attendance (CME credit) and attentiveness in the class is documented by submitting “Masters Codes” provided during the class. The optional additional hour of CME credit is earned by documenting the completion of an additional assignment to the instructor.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of Reciprocity of Roles and Relationships in our existing training and healthcare system as well as our lives
- Learn strategies to create focus on, and connection with, our Roles and Relationships using all of the 8 PRACTICEs
- Create a personal plan with long- and short-term goals for creating reciprocity in your roles and relationships.
- Implement a new reciprocity habit to replace an old negative habit using goal setting and accountability.
Reciprocity Of Roles And Relationships
- Reciprocity = Give and Take
- 7 Levels of Reciprocity
- Balance – Equals Growth of the Role or Relationship
- Creating Trust
- Creating Focus Through Boundary Rituals
- Quality Time Defined by the Other
- Q & A – 10
Requirements to earn CME credit:
- 3 CME "Master Codes" provided in presentation
- Completed survey and evaluation
- Completed report of extra assignment for those seeking 2 CME credits
Recommended Technical Requirements:
- Windows 7 and higher / Mac OSX 10.7 and higher**
- Newest version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Safari Web Browser
- Wired (not WiFi) Broadband internet connection with an upload speed of 1 Mbps or more
- Most recent version of Adobe Flash player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
- Turn pop up blocker off or put www.anymeeting.com in your allowed list
**Attendees may additionally join a meeting using iPad, Android tablet or iPhone using the AnyMeeting app found in the app store for your mobile device."
- General Question: Please contact Rowena Didyavong at 858-300-2299
- Webinar System (AnyMeeting) Support for technical questions at: http://support.anymeeting.com/
- FORE for CME questions at: 813-877-8096