Purpose and Community Principles:
The purpose of the SurgeonMasters Community is to provide a safe space for surgeons to find peer connection, discuss practice optimization, and create a healthy work-life rhythm.
- To create a safe space for ALL community members, members can choose to remain anonymous. Only the SurgeonMasters Team will know member identities.
- To keep a safe space for ALL community members, members must agree to embody the SurgeonMasters Community Principles when participating in the community.
SurgeonMasters Community Principles:
- Anti-Advice / Pro-Coaching
- Pro-Mental, Emotional, Spiritual, and Physical Health
Rules and Norms:
You may be asked to edit your post or comment due to reasons of clarity, offensive content, unlawful or threatening content, or promotional content.
Depending on the severity and frequency of any offending content, you may not be notified that your post or comment has been removed. If SurgeonMasters feels that an issue needs to be addressed, the community manager will notify you privately.
The following is not allowed in the community, and may result in post removal or expulsion:
- Posts that are threatening, abusive, defamatory, indecent, harassing, offensive, etc…
- Promotional posts, spam, lead generation, or incognito teaching.
- Posts that shut down a conversation thread. Consider the community before sharing. Are you contributing to the conversation or are you ending it? Posts that position you as an authority benefit you but not your peers.
- Content with the intent of gathering leads.
- Requests for email addresses or other contact information.
- Collection, repackaging, and/or sharing member data outside of the community (this includes asking members to take a survey for market research purposes). Every member of a SurgeonMasters community has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their questions, responses, and experiences remain completely confidential.
- Posts sharing content that originated from their own social media pages, or blog. Posts that include links to the person’s own social pages will be removed.
Group moderators reserve the right to delete or turn off posts, with or without notification.
To ensure that discourse in every SurgeonMasters Community Group or Forum remains relevant and engaging for all members, you’re expected to adhere to the following standards:
- We believe debate and disagreement can be growth oriented, but personal attacks, trolling, and abuse is not allowed. The key to a safe community is an inclusive and engaging space where everyone can learn and grow.
- We love feedback of our services, policies, and performance. Please send feedback to Team@surgeonmasters.com and refrain from adding it directly into the community.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues discussed in SurgeonMasters communities, but we may remove any posts or comments that others might find offensive or threatening. Please consider the impact your posts and comments can have on others.
- We reserve the right to redirect the conversation or remove the ability to comment on posts. We don’t want to stop you from discussing issues you are passionate about, but we do ask our members to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel alienating, threatening, or toxic to other members.
- Keep it relevant. Conversations in SurgeonMasters communities cover a variety of topics, but if you make a post or comment that is not within community standards, it might be removed in order to keep discussions on track.
- The SurgeonMasters Community is not an extension of our support team, as reps do not monitor the community. However, our team is happy to help you via email, where your requests and feedback can be handled more effectively. Please email Team@surgeonmasters.com.
- This is a group of your peers, not your leads. We take a very strong stance against incognito teaching and authority-grabbing, promotion, lead generation, traffic grabs, and soliciting (this includes affiliate links). Please do not offer your content or services unless a member personally asks you. In these cases, those services must be shared on the public thread unless specifically asked by the requester to private message. If a member in a private message solicits you without establishing a prior relationship, please let us know at Team@surgeonmasters.com so we can look into the issue.
- We respectfully request that you do not post your ads in the SurgeonMasters Community, as it detracts from the purpose of the group. Posts of this nature will be deleted or turned off at the admins’ discretion.
- The community platforms are moderated by the SurgeonMasters Team, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want the SurgeonMasters Community to be a welcome space for intelligent discussion and support, and we expect members to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic within the community, please report the post, or contact us at Team@surgeonmasters.com.
The admins apply these principles when reviewing content in our communities.
The admins of SurgeonMasters communities operate on giving the benefit of the doubt. Three warnings for behavior that goes against the community guidelines will result in a 7-day removal from the group.
After the 7-day period, you are welcome to rejoin the group on a 30-day probation. If you act against the community guidelines again during your probation, you will be permanently removed from the SurgeonMasters Community.
In an effort to keep the SurgeonMasters Community safe and welcome, we reserve the right to remove members from the community without the Three Strike Policy, depending on the severity of behaviors.