Denver, CO., March 16, 2022 – SurgeonMasters CEO Jeffrey M. Smith, MD, FACS, CPC to deliver a talk, Life and Leadership Coaching: Optimizing Wellbeing, Emotional Intelligence, Leadership Ability, and Career Longevity, during an invited session at SAGES 2022. Dr. Smith will serve on an expert panel in the session, Thriving, Not Surviving.
Date: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM MT
Description: Physician well being is essential to high quality health care and extends far beyond the absence of burnout. Wellbeing is about the whole person…our physical health, emotional health, and social support. If someone is conflicted, struggling, or feeling powerless in any aspect of their lives, it impacts their performance in other areas and keeps them from realizing their full potential. This session will focus on not simply surviving, but thriving in our surgical careers. It will focus on optimizing all of the previously mentioned domains and simultaneously creating an environment that supports these behaviors.
Full session schedule:
Taylor Riall, Chair, and Lora Cavuoto, Co-Chair
- Taylor Riall – Introduction: 3:00 pm – 3:03 pm
- Talar Tejirian – Optimizing Your Environment: Ergonomics in the Operating Room: 3:03 pm – 3:18 pm
- Jeffrey Smith – Life and Leadership Coaching: Optimizing Wellbeing, Emotional Intelligence, Leadership Ability, and Career Longevity: 3:18 pm – 3:33 pm
- Rodrigo Pedraza – Benefits of Early Career Coaching to Set You Up For Success: 3:33 pm – 3:48 pm
- Carter Lebares – Mindfulness and Wellbeing in Surgery: 3:48 pm – 4:03 pm
- Catherine Cheng – Strategic Diet, Exercise, and Sleep to Optimize Performance: 4:03 pm – 4:18 pm
- Dimitrios Stefanidis – Sports Psychology and Performance Optimization in Surgery and High Stress Clinical Situations: 4:18 pm – 4:33 pm
- All Panelists – Q&A: 4:33 pm – 5:00 pm
- Identify the challenges in their surgical career and personal lives that create stress and challenge physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
- Prioritize their health and wellbeing, while advancing their academic surgical careers.
- Implement changes in their day-to-day lives that improve their physical, emotional, and mental health in order to optimize their performance and promote career longevity.
Our mission at SurgeonMasters is to empower more surgeons around the world to make positive and lasting improvements in their lives. We achieve this through surgeon-to-surgeon coaching and coaching training programs designed to support surgeons’ personal and professional wellness.
Contact Paul Hiller at Team@SurgeonMasters.com to get involved.